Saturday, November 23, 2013

Winter Skin and Winter Hair

Snow has finally hit the ground and we all know what that means: dry air and dry hair.  Here are some tips for adjusting your beauty routine.

Let's start with the face.  First, you'll want to scrub away that dead skin, so I'd suggest exfoliating every two to three days.  My secret to great skin is the Clarisonic.  This baby works magic.  Say hello to smoother, softer, younger looking skin.  I like to pair it with Philosophy microdelivery exfoliating wash.  Also, you'll want a really good moisturizer or night cream.  I personally like Philosophy Hope in a Jar.  I have sensitive skin and this works really well for me.  For your makeup routine, you should add a tinted moisturizer with a built in sunscreen (the earth is closer to the sun at this time of year and you'll also have sunlight reflecting off the snow and that can do a lot of damage to the skin).  Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer is great.
Next, let's move to hair.  You should condition your hair after every wash, but you should probably deep condition once a week or once every other week.  I don't have any suggestions here, because all hair types are so different.
Of course, you should use a good lotion after you shower (that's when your skin needs it most) and a second time during the day if you can make time.  I love Philosophy body lotion.  It's also nice to add a body butter or body cream for when your skin is really dry.  Again, I turn to Philosophy whipped body crème.  It's also a good idea to carry around a hand cream.  For this I turn to L'Occitane.
The last essential is something that'll keep you ready for mistletoe and that New Year's Eve midnight kiss.  I turn to Fresh Sugar Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment.


No comments:

Post a Comment